Sunday, June 24, 2007

3 Layouts in 2 Days

Can you believe it? I know it's so not like me. The kids went to spend the weekend with Aunt Jess and their grandparents and its been too quiet.

The first is a paper layout. I just finished it a little bit ago. I had it all done but the title last night and wasn't up to fighting with the rubons. Maybe I should have waited even longer because I did a crappy job. I had to rub so hard that I made dents in the paper and it's so crooked it looks like I've been hitting the tequila bottle. I may have to redo it another time. I did this one for the brown and pink challenge at L4S. The people in the photo are my nephew Shane and his girlfriend Paula. She's been so good for him and they seem perfect together. They've been together a few years now. All of the supplies I used are from my older stash - not really old but at least several months to a year. It felt good to use them.



This one is my favorite. No body will get the title unless they listen to rap music. I have to say it's not my favorite kind of music but I recognize a few songs when I hear them. Every kid in school was singing this one a couple years ago. I took this pic of Hannah in the back yard before she got in the pool with Sue and Sharon. That'll be another layout someday. Of course, I'd kill them if they took a photo of me in a swimsuit. It's not a pretty sight.

Here are the details if anyone is interested. I used a template by Pattie Knox from Designer Digitals. I adjusted the photo block to better fit my image I wanted to use. All the other materials are by Michelle Underwood. Papers come from the Loving Life paper pack. Flower (color adjusted slightly) is from the Dream in Color kit, button and staples are from the A New Beginning kit. The font for the title is 2Peas Busy Babs, and the journaling is 2Peas Ditzy.

The journaling reads: Hannah has got the cutest little butt. Her mom says that it’s just like her dads. Hannah’s has to be cuter!



This is another one of Shane. He's with his little brother Zach here. I'm pretty sure that Shane will be 31 on his birthday in August and Zach will be 14 in November. I took this photo and the last at Colton's in Batesville. There were so many of us there that it took a while for them to get enough tables to put together for us. I've been struggling with learning to use templates in Photoshop. I can do it in Elements without any problem now that I've done a few but I had to hunt down a tutorial for using the harder program. I found it at Misty Cato's blog along with this cute template I used here.

Here's all the info: I used Misty Cato’s blog template 9. The papers and Super Cool alphabet I used are by Michelle Underwood. The majority of the papers come from her A New Beginning page kit. The black kraft paper used for the mat is from the Beyond Cool paperpack. The font for Zach & Shane is Digital Woodcuts and the journaling was done with French Roast.



thanks for looking!

No comments: